With nearly 900 institutional members, the National Collegiate Honors Council is the leading professional association for those who provide college-level honors education. The annual institutional membership fee is $500. Some of the benefits of NCHC membership include:
- Opportunity for faculty, administrators, and students to participate in national conversations about honors education
- Scholarly journals on research in honors education (JNCHC) and innovative practices in honors education (Honors in Practice);
- Opportunity to engage with other honors professionals through the members-only online forum;
- Annual conference with hundreds of sessions both for faculty/administrators and students, including opportunities for student research presentation;
- Complimentary copies of newly-published monographs focusing on instruction and administration in honors, and discount prices on the full library of NCHC monographs (e.g., A Handbook for Honors Administrators; Shatter the Glassy Stare: Implementing Experiential Learning in Higher Education; Teaching and Learning in Honors); and
- Benchmarking data focusing on national honors programs and colleges.
- Access to student awards and fellowship/grant monies—Opportunity to nominate students for NCHC undergraduate fellowship monies for senior capstone or other projects, as well as other student awards (e.g., “Portz Scholar” paper competitions).
- Access to institutional grants to support honors college innovation
- Enhanced visibility as an honors college
- Complimentary two-page spread in the NCHC Guide to Honors Programs and Colleges; and
- Use of the NCHC logo on home Web page.
- Opportunity for site visits and external review conducted by seasoned experts in honors trained at NCHC Assessment and Evaluation Institutes; such external review:
- Fosters reflection to help institutions better understand themselves in the larger community of honors institutions; and
- Generates greater visibility that results from the completion of successful site visits.
- 50% discount on conference registration for all faculty, staff, and students at member institution.
To join, complete a membership form and submit payment to the NCHC office.
Annual dues for Sustaining Members shall be twice the dues established for their respective membership categories. One-time dues for Lifetime Professional Members shall be ten (10) times the dues for the respective professional membership categories.
Please consult the NCHC office for sustaining membership details.
Lapsed membership: Reinstatement to NCHC membership must be initiated by the former member. Once NCHC receives the request and appropriate dues, the member’s file will be reactivated.