Why Join NCHC?
With nearly 900 institutional members, the National Collegiate Honors Council is the leading professional association for those who provide college-level honors education. The annual institutional membership fee is $500. Some of the benefits of NCHC membership include:
- Opportunity for faculty, administrators, and students to participate in national conversations about honors education
- Scholarly journals on research in honors education (JNCHC) and innovative practices in honors education (Honors in Practice);
- Opportunity to engage with other honors professionals through the members-only online forum;
- Annual conference with hundreds of sessions both for faculty/administrators and students, including opportunities for student research presentation;
- Complimentary copies of newly-published monographs focusing on instruction and administration in honors, and discount prices on the full library of NCHC monographs (e.g., A Handbook for Honors Administrators; Shatter the Glassy Stare: Implementing Experiential Learning in Higher Education; Teaching and Learning in Honors); and
- Benchmarking data focusing on national honors programs and colleges.
- Access to student awards and fellowship/grant monies—Opportunity to nominate students for NCHC undergraduate fellowship monies for senior capstone or other projects, as well as other student awards (e.g., “Portz Scholar” paper competitions).
- Access to institutional grants to support honors college innovation
- Enhanced visibility as an honors college
- Complimentary two-page spread in the NCHC Guide to Honors Programs and Colleges; and
- Use of the NCHC logo on home Web page.
- Opportunity for site visits and external review conducted by seasoned experts in honors trained at NCHC Assessment and Evaluation Institutes; such external review:
- Fosters reflection to help institutions better understand themselves in the larger community of honors institutions; and
- Generates greater visibility that results from the completion of successful site visits.
- 50% discount on conference registration for all faculty, staff, and students at member institution.
Ready to join? Complete a membership form and submit payment to the NCHC office.
NCHC membership types are defined as follows:
Institutional membership is open to institutions of higher learning as well as to other private and public organizations supportive of honors education. In the instance of an institution with physically separate campus locations, each campus location shall pay institutional member dues if it has its own budgetary responsibility, curricular authority, or admits students to the honors program or honors college on its campus. Each institutional member shall designate a representative who may cast the vote of the institutional member.
Professional membership is open to college and university faculty members,administrators, and professional staff and to others at a Member Institution engaged in professions related to
Student membership is open to college and university honors students.
Affiliate membership is open to professional educators retired from their educational positions and to former honors students no longer affiliated with a college or university honors program or honors college.
Sustaining Institutional Membership, Sustaining Professional Membership, Sustaining Affiliate Membership, Lifetime Professional Membership.
- Institutional & Professional—$600
- Institutional - $500
- Professional - $100
- Student - $35
- Affiliate - $50
- Non-Institutional Professional $350
*Sustaining Institutional, Professional, Affiliate and Lifetime Professional Memberships are also available. Please contact the NCHC office for sustaining membership details.
Lapsed Membership: Reinstatement to NCHC membership must be initiated by the former member. Once NCHC receives the request and appropriate dues, the member's file will be reactivated.