You have been nominated as a candidate for a position on the NCHC Board of Directors or for an officer position. The following information is required for your candidacy. Please note the candidate requirements identified at the end of this form.
Applications must include:
- A statement of candidacy (limited to 250 words)
- A photograph of the candidate
Applications are to be submitted electronically. If you have any questions, please contact Rick Scott, chair of the nominating committee, at email@example.com or Mary Beth Rathe at the National Collegiate Honors Council office at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 402-472-9156.
[gravityform id="31" name="Nominee Candidacy Documentation" title="false" description="false"]
Nominees should understand the requirements of the position as noted below.
- All candidates for positions as Officers or Professional At-Large Members of the Board of Directors must at the time ballots are distributed be institutional member representatives, professional members of NCHC, or affiliate members of NCHC and must continue to be members of NCHC during their terms of office. Student At-Large members of the Board of Directors must at the time of assumption of office be student members of NCHC, and must continue to be members of NCHC during their terms of office.
- It is expected that officers and members of the Board of Directors will attend the winter and fall Board of Directors’ meetings. If a summer meeting is called, officers and members will be expected to attend.
- Please note that NCHC will cover hotel costs for Board members’ attendance at the winter meeting and a summer meeting, if one is called.
- Officers who have completed their terms of office may not be elected immediately thereafter to the same office or as an At-Large Member of the Board of Directors, with the exception of the Secretary and the Treasurer who may be re-elected to their respective offices for a second term in succession. An At-Large Member of the Board of Directors who has completed a full term may not succeed himself or herself as an At-Large Member of the Board of Directors.
- Student nominees for the Board of Directors must provide a statement of institutional support for their travel to two or three meetings each year.